Vragen en discussies over fietstraining, sportvoeding en gezondheid

Expat gaat fietsen in Nederland

Falancio
Forum-lid

Falancio 31 dec 2020 01:32

Hallo,

goed dat we dit forum hebben. Ik hoop dat mijn Nederlands beter wordt en dat je me begrijpt. Ik ga over op Engels, maar als het makkelijker voor je is, mijn slechte Nederlands, kan ik doorgaan.

I'm a 27 years guy, in Amsterdam. I always did a bunch of sports and I love your bike culture (sold my car when I moved here and I don't want it back). In Portugal, yes, I'm Portuguese, I was doing BTT with my dad just to roll on the. I was on a Olympic team for another sport and used the btt to put some long cardio and different stimulus on my training. I've been doing some "bike seeing" with my citadin batavus but I think I want to give it a shot and join you guys with the racefietsen.

But I have a question, or asking for your opinion. I believe that for cycling (or btt) it's important to have a group and here I'm lacking that. So, where can I find that? Something to start. Or should I just start by myself?

I will also, after getting some feedback here, ask for your advice for some bike advice since I always had BTT and were mainly borrowed from my dad's fleet.

Sorry for the English topic in such Dutch forum.

rikkert
Forum-lid

rikkert 31 dec 2020 07:55

Hi Falancio, welcome to this forum. I will reply in English, but most of this forum is in Dutch. So that's a nice way of improving your Dutch language skills.

To be honest (tried to google BTT and at first glance i do not have a clue what a BTT is. Is it a mountain-bike or All Terrain Bike?

To come to your question: I have lived in the surroundings of Amsterdam all my life so i have lots of routes that i can ride on my own. If you are new over here, you might not have that. There are some clubs in Amsterdam, you can ask google for "wielerclub amsterdam", might do the trick. I think there are also gatherings at Rapha in Amsterdam for some rides.

If you are on your own I recommend riding towards Muiden, after that following one of the borders of the river Vecht, and when you are almost done, you just cross one of the bridges, and go back on the other border.
Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

Philippos
Forum-lid
Contact

Gebruikersavatar Philippos 31 dec 2020 08:41

BTT wordt op het Iberisch schiereiland ook als term gebruikt voor MTB

Deleted_User
Forum-lid

Deleted_User 31 dec 2020 08:46

rikkert schreef: 31 dec 2020 07:55 To be honest (tried to google BTT and at first glance i do not have a clue what a BTT is. Is it a mountain-bike or All Terrain Bike?

BTT, é o acrónimo de bicicleta todo o terreno!

Net zoals het Franse VTT een Velo Tout Terrain is.

rikkert
Forum-lid

rikkert 31 dec 2020 09:20

afrit13 schreef: 31 dec 2020 08:46
rikkert schreef: 31 dec 2020 07:55 To be honest (tried to google BTT and at first glance i do not have a clue what a BTT is. Is it a mountain-bike or All Terrain Bike?

BTT, é o acrónimo de bicicleta todo o terreno!

Net zoals het Franse VTT een Velo Tout Terrain is.
Aha, dat vermoedde ik al, VTT kende ik wel, BTT was nieuw voor me. De eerste google results leveren vooral Bitcoin Torrent gerelateerde zaken op.....:-)
Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

martinbo
Forum-lid

Gebruikersavatar martinbo 31 dec 2020 09:44

Falancio schreef: 31 dec 2020 01:32 Hallo,

goed dat we dit forum hebben. Ik hoop dat mijn Nederlands beter wordt en dat je me begrijpt. Ik ga over op Engels, maar als het makkelijker voor je is, mijn slechte Nederlands, kan ik doorgaan.

I'm a 27 years guy, in Amsterdam. I always did a bunch of sports and I love your bike culture (sold my car when I moved here and I don't want it back). In Portugal, yes, I'm Portuguese, I was doing BTT with my dad just to roll on the. I was on a Olympic team for another sport and used the btt to put some long cardio and different stimulus on my training. I've been doing some "bike seeing" with my citadin batavus but I think I want to give it a shot and join you guys with the racefietsen.

But I have a question, or asking for your opinion. I believe that for cycling (or btt) it's important to have a group and here I'm lacking that. So, where can I find that? Something to start. Or should I just start by myself?

I will also, after getting some feedback here, ask for your advice for some bike advice since I always had BTT and were mainly borrowed from my dad's fleet.

Hi Falancio,

You can start exploring your neighbourhood solo with the help of Strava/Garmin activity maps and the help of a navigation tool (e.g. Garmin) will help tremendously when alone or (almost) lost. Aand, of course, use openfietsmap!
But ask some guys in your social neighbourhood (work, study,...) who bike and want to take you along.
Later you can always join a club if you like it; but these are less in exploring beautiful Netherlands than in competition.

Just my 2ct.

Orlok
Forum-lid HC

Gebruikersavatar Orlok 31 dec 2020 10:05

Falancio schreef: 31 dec 2020 01:32 Hallo,

Als je ooit van plan bent om in Nederland te blijven is het praten en schrijven van Nederlands een 'must' en dat noemen wij inburgeren.! ;)
Er komt een moment dat je wind mee hebt. Pinarello F10 - Ultegra 8050 Di2 - Carbonspeed C50 Tubeless

Falancio
Forum-lid

Falancio 31 dec 2020 12:06

Ik zal het in het Nederlands doen. Een 4e taal is altijd moeilijk.

Eerste, bedankt voor alle antwoorden.
BTT is inderdaad een BTT acronym voor Mountain Bike, sorry dat ik het vergeten ben te vertalen. :lol:

Ik vind het leuk om het land te verkennen, ik hou vooral van het groen dat je in de buurt hebt.. :)

Ik zal op sociale media zoeken naar groepen. Ik leer altijd om niet alleen te gaan als er iets misgaat. Mijn collega's die op racefietsen rijden, wonen ver van Amsterdam.

Nu ga ik naar de andere kanaal forum om op de fiets te kijken. Ik hoop dat ik veel met jullie kan leren.

Ps: if you don't understand part of the text, let me know and I change it later to save our forum peers. :P

Bedankt!

JoostG
Forum-lid

JoostG 31 dec 2020 12:46

Hi Falancio,
Just as it good for you to practice Dutch, is good for us to practice English :winkthumb:

Do you need a club? No. It will make things easier, but it isn't necessary. You came to a small country with a great (bicycle) infrastructure. You won't get lost, and won't have to be afraid to end at a dead end after kilometers of riding. To the north you will find flat country side and smaller lakes, to the west the same and the dunes, to the south the same story (Ronde Hoep) and to the south east you will find at last some gravel (hardpack, easy style) in 't Gooi. The Veluwe is maybe the best we have to offer in scenery and off road riding.

In March (springtime) when temperatures rise to 15 degrees with decent sunlight 'sportive' cyclist pop up out of every corner you can imagine. Most of us (of course not the members of this forum ;) ) tend to have some sort of hibernation. You will recognize them by look and sound....... Now it will be quiet on the roads (not in comparison to Portugal)

To explore our country you could 'train' somewhere and ride back. When planning, keep wind and direction in mind.

Good luck!
insta #gravelgremmen

Chesini ‘Peacock’ - Rodeo Labs Flaanimal 5.0

DDX
Forum-lid HC

DDX 31 dec 2020 12:52

Lastige is dat je nu met corona zit en alle groepsritjes ed afgelast zijn.
Anders waren er genoeg opties in Amsterdam. (rapha, maats.cc en zo nog een aantal)

bakboord1
Forum-lid

bakboord1 31 dec 2020 14:26

Wat ik wel vaker doe is de rit van iemand anders bekijken in Strava en die dan kopiëren als route.
Ik doe dat soms van vrienden maar uit je flyby’s kun je ook ritten halen.

Voor mij werkt vakjes scoren in Veloviewer ook goed. Dat brengt me op plekken die ik anders oversloeg.

En veel plezier in Nederland!!

En complimenten voor je Nederlands!!

Orlok
Forum-lid HC

Gebruikersavatar Orlok 31 dec 2020 18:40

Falancio schreef: 31 dec 2020 12:06 Ik zal het in het Nederlands doen. Een 4e taal is altijd moeilijk.

Eerste, bedankt voor alle antwoorden.
BTT is inderdaad een BTT acronym voor Mountain Bike, sorry dat ik het vergeten ben te vertalen. :lol:

Ik vind het leuk om het land te verkennen, ik hou vooral van het groen dat je in de buurt hebt.. :)

Ik zal op sociale media zoeken naar groepen. Ik leer altijd om niet alleen te gaan als er iets misgaat. Mijn collega's die op racefietsen rijden, wonen ver van Amsterdam.

Nu ga ik naar de andere kanaal forum om op de fiets te kijken. Ik hoop dat ik veel met jullie kan leren.

Ps: if you don't understand part of the text, let me know and I change it later to save our forum peers. :P

Bedankt!
Kijk dat bedoel ik nou, zo moet het of denk je dat wij als Nederlander in een ander land met onze eigen taal op een forum weg kunnen, nee dus . . . . . . ;)
Er komt een moment dat je wind mee hebt. Pinarello F10 - Ultegra 8050 Di2 - Carbonspeed C50 Tubeless

Plaats reactie