Voor de nachtbrakers, als het niet meer over fietsen hoeft te gaan.

marathon

havana
Forum-lid HC

Gebruikersavatar havana 08 nov 2006 23:37

Ik ben 24 en ben absoluut blessure vrij...... Heb mijn eerste wielerseizoen achter de rug, 4500 km gereden en de Marmotte gereden...
Dank voor je tips!

lancev7
Forum-lid

Gebruikersavatar lancev7 05 dec 2006 16:06

Three hours wasn't the only thing that Lance Armstrong broke while running his first marathon at the ING New York City Marathon as tests taken 10 days after the event revealed he completed the grueling 26 mile effort with a stress fracture in his lower right leg.
"I knew I had shin splints from training," the 7-time Tour de France champion said while attending the Discovery Channel training camp in Austin, Texas. "But I certainly didn't think there was anything broken, and I just attributed the pain to the amount of effort it takes to complete a marathon."
Since being diagnosed Armstrong's doctors have advised him to do no impact-related training for 6-12 weeks, but that doesn't rule out light bike riding. "It's good that the boys are here in town training but at a low tempo. I'm motivated to be with them, but of course need to do what it takes to get healthy again."
Armstrong has recently announced that he will not only compete in the NYC marathon again next November, but will also challenge the Leadville 100 mile bike race in Colorado in August.

nine
Forum-lid

nine 05 dec 2006 17:07

Abraham Olano is ergens rond 2h30 uitgekomen als ik me niet vergis.
Wel in een andere marathon, was toch ook niet van de magerste in de tijd dat hij koerste.
Maar: je moet het toch altijd nog maar doen, of je nu Armstrong heet of niet.

bikeboss
Forum-lid

bikeboss 08 dec 2006 21:35

Het is onredelijk ex-wielrenners af te rekenen op hun marathontijd. Hoewel wielrennen en lange afstand lopen allebei duursporten zijn waarbij hart en longen cruciaal zijn, houdt de vergelijking daar op, gezien totaal andere spiergroepen worden gebruikt. Voor een marathon zijn lange, heel dunne onderbenen en een volledig ranke lichaamsbouw vereist (cfr. Ethiopiërs en Kenianen). Toprenners die zo zijn gebouwd heb ik nog nooit geweten. Bekele zou op een fiets ook nooit knalprestaties neerzetten.

Plaats reactie